Hey you guys!
So I recently just tidy up my room (and it still looks like a mess though hahaha) and I found many makeup and skin care that’s still not opened yet. I don’t even remember that I have them. I had this many phases in my life and one of them was liking makeup and skin care. I used to go out wearing makeup and looking like a decent human being hahaha now I don’t. I’m still using some of the skin care (yeah I still have so many face masks that I haven’t tried yet) and after I saw what I had (and still haven’t used them yet), it got me thinking how much does my face actually worth of I’m using all of this skincare and makeup?
So let’s say that I’m still into skin care and make up and looking decent (trust me, I was waaaay decent than now. I used to dress up and “take care” of myself hahha). I’ll divide the price into 3 sections, treatment from my dermatologist (including the cream), skin care and make up.
I still see my dermatologist though I’m not that diligent now. I have German course to attend every Saturday morning so I can’t see my dermatologist on Saturday. Sometimes I tried to squeeze my break time during work to visit her since it’s pretty nearby.
So anyway, what I usually do is chemical peeling every 2 or 3 weeks to 1 month. The last time I did that probably 2 months ago? 3 months ago? I sometimes did facial when I have a really bad break out but since it’s not in my routine I will not count it. I also use day cream (sunscreen), night cream and vitamin C serum. Oh and also facial wash from her and peeling cream that I have to use for 3 days after I did my chemical peeling.
So the meds costed roughly 50,000 IDR per type (let’s assume that 1 USD = 14,000 IDR; therefore it costs me 3.57 USD per item). So I’ll need around 17.85 USD for all the meds and usually it lasted for 2-4 weeks (the peeling cream lasts longer though since I only used it for 3 days every one month or so). The chemical peeling costs around 350,000 IDR or 25 USD.
Therefore, for the treatment it costs me around 42.85 USD per month.
Well not only I see dermatologist but I also use some skin care hahaha like face masks for example. So last year this 10 steps of skin care from Korea is really a hit here. I mean guys come on look at their faces, sooooo dewy and bubbly and fresh. So I also follow that (kinda). Therefore, I bought some stuffs to “complete” my skin care.
So the additional skin care that I bought are mostly from The Body Shop. I bought:
- The Body Shop Seaweed Oil-Balancing Toner (179,000 IDR = 12.79 USD)
- The Body Shop Aqua Boost Essence Lotion (279,000 IDR = 19.93 USD)
- The Body Shop Seaweed Pore Cleansing Exfoliator (159,000 IDR = 11.36 USD).
- The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil – for my additional make up remover (199,000 IDR or 14.21 USD)
- Bioderma Sensibio H2O (as my other make up remover – yes guys I do this double cleansing, and I have the 500mL one). I think it costed around 500,000 IDR or 35.71 USD.
- Oh I almost forgot, I also use face mask, lets just say that the one that I use is from The Body Shop as well (mostly I use the mask from them, but I also use other brands especially for the sheet one). It costed me 349,000 IDR or 24.93 USD
Sooo in total, for my additional skin care, I spent 118.93 USD. Well damn that’s a lot of money :S but guys I still use them until now so let’s say that’s for 6 months since I forgot when did I buy them. Therefore, it costed me around 19.82 USD per month.
Let’s move on the next one! I used to wear make up but not anymore now hahaha I’m just too lazy I guess. So thumbs up for all of you who wear make up and look decent every day or every time or basically just look presentable because I always look like a mess now (but hey I’m trying to fix it! Really!). So anywaaaayy let’s talk about the make up that I usually wear because guys, recently I just cleaned up my room and heck I found a lot of makeup that I haven’t used and opened from the package, including those from Kylie Cosmetics and Jeffree Star. Uh I need to be better at spending my money.
Anyway guys, lets break it down:
- So I usually use Corrective Base Make Up first from local brand called Make Over (79,000 IDR = 5.64 USD)
- Ultra Cover Liquid Matte Foundation – also from Make Over (135,000 IDR = 9.64 USD) or Super BB Cushion from Maybelline (259,000 IDR = 18.5 USD) OR (yes another or) NYX BB Beauty Balm (357,500 IDR = 25.54 USD)
- Camouflage Cream Face Concealer from Make Over (135,000 IDR = 9.64 USD) or other concealer from Korea called Witch’s Pouch Selfie Perfect Concealer which costed I think around 80,000 IDR (5.71 USD)
- Make Over Face Contour Kit (115,000 IDR = 8.21 USD)
- Make Over Eye Brow Pencil (59,000 IDR = 4.21 USD)
- I rarely use eyeshadow though (even though I have couple of eyeshadow palette :S) but I usually use Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette and I have 2 of them the black one and the pink one, which costed 209,000 IDR each (14.93 USD). So in total 29.86 USD. I do have some from Kylie Cosmetics and Jeffree Star Cosmetics but since I dont really use it, I’m not gonna count them. Oh sometimes I also use BLP Beauty (another local brand, I think this one is my favourite one!) Eyeshadow Pen (129,000 IDR = 9.21 USD each) and I have 4 of them so 36.84 USD.
- Maybelline Hyper Sharp Wing Eyeliner (109,000 IDR = 7.79 USD)
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara (370,000 IDR = 26.43 USD)
- Maybelline Blush Studio Cheeky Glow (49,000 IDR = 3.5 USD) or sometimes I use bronzer which is The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder (299,000 IDR = 21.36 USD). Sometimes, I also use highlighter which is Jcat You Glow Girl Baked Highlighter which I bought around 100,000 IDR (7.14 USD)
- Oh the hardest part! Lipstick! I usually change my lipstick according to my mood hahaha but anyway I have couple of lipsticks that I tend to use very often and most of them are nudeeee
- Kylie X KKW Kimmie shade (45 USD for 4 pieces, since I use one lets make it 11.25 USD)
- Kylie Lip Kit Posie K (29 USD)
- Nabi Matte Liquid Lasting Lip Gloss (not sure why it called lip gloss though). I usually use shade Honey or Mocha II and it only costed me 30,000 IDR each (2.14 USD) so 4.28 USD for both of them
- BLP Beauty Lip Coat Butter Fudge (129,000 IDR = 9.21 USD)
- Sometimes I wear face powder, sometimes hahaha. I usually use one from NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat, well actually Powder Foundation though so sometimes I just use this. It costed 9.50 USD.
So guys, in total I could spend 283.25 USD for all of the make up mentioned above *I’m crying on how much I have spent* But guys remember that I did not include ALL of my makeup I just calculate those that I frequently use or used to be precise. I still use them so lets say that all of them can be used for 6-12 months. So lets assume I use them for 6 months before I need to buy more, so it costed me 47.21 USD each month.
MY FACE IS SO EXPENSIVE
In total, my face worth 109.88 USD monthly or 3.66 USD daily. Damn I spend at least 4 USD daily for my face only :O It doesn’t look much if you see it in daily basis but monthly? Yearly? My goodness! My face is so expensive!
So what did I learn from this post? I need to be better at spending my money. Only buy things that I need, that I really need! Look at the amount of money that I spent! Be careful when you shop, remember that you still need the money for other stuffs. I could probably use the money that I have spent to travel abroad right? I need to prioritise on things that I wanna buy. Okay, got it! Lesson learnt! Next time I want to spend my money on “useful” stuffs, I’m gonna check this post I’m gonna remember it, because I need to spend my money wisely!
This post really reminds me of how consumptive I can be and I learnt my lessons. How about you guys? Do you realize something from this post? Or do you know how much your face worth? Have you tried to calculate it like me? Tell me more about it I would love to know! Leave me some comments below! 😀